In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Evernote Client on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. For those of you who didn’t know, Evernote is the world’s most popular note-taking and personal organization service. It is widely used by people who need their notes to be tidy and available from anywhere thanks to the cloud. Evernote’s ability to interact with other applications such as Drive, Gmail, and Outlook is one of its most appealing features.
This article assumes you have at least basic knowledge of Linux, know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘
sudo‘ to the commands to get root privileges. I will show you the step-by-step installation of the Evernote client on Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa). You can follow the same instructions for Ubuntu 18.04, 16.04, and any other Debian-based distribution like Linux Mint.
- A server running one of the following operating systems: Ubuntu 20.04, 18.04, 16.04, and any other Debian-based distribution like Linux Mint.
- It’s recommended that you use a fresh OS install to prevent any potential issues.
- SSH access to the server (or just open Terminal if you’re on a desktop).
non-root sudo useror access to the
root user. We recommend acting as a
non-root sudo user, however, as you can harm your system if you’re not careful when acting as the root.
- Handwriting search – Find your text in any note.
- Templates – Makes for faster and better note-taking.
- Notes sync – Keep your notes available on all devices associated with your account.
- Offline notes (premium account required) – Makes all of your notes available anywhere, anytime (even without an internet connection).
- Uploads (premium account required) – Up to 10 GB monthly note uploads.
- Large notes (premium account required) – A 200 MB maximum note size.
Install Evernote Client on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Step 1. First, make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date by running the following
apt commands in the terminal.
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade sudo apt install python-dev python-setuptools python-pip sudo python-psycopg2 libpq-dev
Step 2. Installing Evernote Client on Ubuntu 20.04.
Now we run the following command to install Evernote Client via Snap packages:
sudo snap install evernote-web-client
Step 3. Accessing Evernote on Ubuntu.
Once successfully installed, search ‘Evernote’ in the activities bar to confirm its existence on your system. Open this application to explore and use.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Evernote. Thanks for using this tutorial for installing the Evernote Client on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you check the official Evernote website.