In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Foxit Reader on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. For those of you who didn’t know, Foxit PDF Reader can be used to view, create, edit, organize, sign, scan, and OCR. It can easily export PDF files to the office, PDF/A/E/X, and more. Users can collaborate, share, sign, protect, and secure documents using Foxit Reader.
This article assumes you have at least basic knowledge of Linux, know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘
sudo‘ to the commands to get root privileges. I will show you the step-by-step installation of Foxit PDF Reader on a Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) server.
- A server running one of the following operating systems: Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver).
- It’s recommended that you use a fresh OS install to prevent any potential issues.
- SSH access to the server (or just open Terminal if you’re on a desktop).
non-root sudo useror access to the
root user. We recommend acting as a
non-root sudo user, however, as you can harm your system if you’re not careful when acting as the root.
Foxit PDF Reader features
- Open multiple PDFs at the same time in tabs.
- Open password-protected PDF files.
- View PDF files on a single page, continuous, facing, or facing continuous mode.
- Support page rotation, and text search.
- Print PDF documents to physical printers.
- Microsoft RMS support.
- Annotate PDF support.
- Many more.
Install Foxit Reader on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver
Step 1. First, make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date by running the following
apt-get commands in the terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 2. Installing Foxit PDF Reader on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
You need to download the last stable release of Foxit Reader using
wget the command:
Extract the tarball into the current directory:
tar -zxvf FoxitReader2.4.1.0609_Server_x64_enu_Setup.run.tar.gz
Now is the time to run the script file to install Foxit Reader and wait until fully installed:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Foxit Reader. Thanks for using this tutorial for installing Foxit PDF Reader on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) system. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you to check the official Foxit Reader website.