In this tutorial, we will show you how to install qBittorrent on Debian 10. For those of you who didn’t know, qBittorrent is an open-source BitTorrent client that aims to provide a free software alternative to μTorrent, available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD.
This article assumes you have at least basic knowledge of Linux, know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘
sudo‘ to the commands to get root privileges. I will show you through the step-by-step installation of qBittorrent on a Debian 10 (Buster).
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- No Ads
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sites
- Category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software)
- RSS feed support with advanced download filters.
- Many BitTorrent extensions supported:
- Magnet links
- A distributed hash table (DHT), peer exchange protocol (PEX), local peer discovery (LSD)
- Private torrents
- Encrypted connections
- Remote control through the Web user interface, written with AJAX
- Nearly identical to the regular GUI
- Sequential downloading (Download in order)
- Advanced control over torrents, trackers, and peers
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Bandwidth scheduler
- Torrent creation tool
- IP Filtering (eMule & PeerGuardian format compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in 70 languages
Install qBittorrent on Debian 10 Buster
Step 1. Before we install any software, it’s important to make sure your system is up to date by running the following
apt commands in the terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade sudo apt install snapd sudo snap install core
Step 2. Installing qBittorent on Debian 10.
- Install qBittorrent using Snap.
To install qBittorrent, simply use the following command:
sudo snap install qbittorrent-arnatious
- Install qBittorrent from the Debian default repository.
Run the following command to install it:
sudo apt install qbittorrent
Step 3. Accessing qBittorrent.
Once installed the package, then click activities and open the menu, and type
Congratulations! You have successfully installed qBittorrent. Thanks for using this tutorial for installing qBittorrent on Debian 10 Buster system. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you to check the official qBittorrent website.