In this tutorial, we will show you how to install and configure Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. For those of you who didn’t know, Master PDF editor is a pdf editing tool through which we can edit or add text, images, and passwords to a pdf file. Using this tool we can also split, merge and remove pages from a pdf file. It’s developed by Code Industry Ltd and available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
This article assumes you have at least basic knowledge of Linux, know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘
sudo‘ to the commands to get root privileges. I will show you the step-by-step installation Master PDF Editor pdf editing tool on a Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) server.
Master PDF Editor Features
- Edit PDF text, images, and pages with full editing features
- Create new PDFs or edit existing ones.
- Add and/or edit bookmarks in PDF files.
- Encrypt and/or protect PDF files using 128-bit encryption.
- Convert XPS files into PDFs.
- Add PDF controls (like buttons, checkboxes, lists, etc.) into your PDFs.
- Import/export PDF pages into common graphical formats including BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
- Split and merge PDF files.
- Dynamic XFA form support.
- Validation Forms and Calculate Values.
- Adding a digital signature and Signing PDF Documents.
- Fast and simple PDF forms fill out.
- Changing font attributes (size, family, color, etc).
- A server running one of the following operating systems: Ubuntu 16.04
- It’s recommended that you use a fresh OS install to prevent any potential issues.
- An active internet connection.
- SSH access to the server (or just open Terminal if you’re on a desktop).
non-root sudo useror access to the
root user. We recommend acting as a
non-root sudo user, however, as you can harm your system if you’re not careful when acting as the root.
Install Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Step 1. First, make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date by running the following
apt-get commands in the terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 2. Installing Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu.
Run the following commands to install Master PDF Editor 4 on Ubuntu systems:
wget http://get.code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-4.1.30_qt5.amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i master-pdf-editor-4.1.30_qt5.amd64.deb sudo apt install -f
Step 3. Accessing Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu.
Once you have successfully installed the Master PDF Editor app on your Ubuntu 16.04, you can launch it by searching for “Master PDF Editor” in your application menu
Congratulation’s! You have successfully installed Master PDF Editor. Thanks for using this tutorial for installing the Master PDF Editor pdf editing tool on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) system. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you check the official Master PDF Editor website.